Search This Blog

Monday 2 April 2012

Liberal democrats and analysis

Since the Liberal Democrats have not been in power during these periods it is hard to evaluate what they would have done had they actually been in power and therefore this makes it harder to palce them on the political spectrum. As a result, the best evidence I can use is their manifestos even though as I have mentioned before Governments tend to deviate from them; Taking their latest pledge not to accept a rise in university fees as a current example of this.

Now that I have completed my research into all their manifestos and found out what they actually did whilst in power I shall begin the analysis of each of the parties.

The first thing that I will do is compare their manifestos as to what they actually did so that I can cancel out any policies that they failed to achieve or disregarded/changed whilst in power. After I have done this I will begin looking at them in relation to each of the other parties manifestos.

Then I will construct myself a table saying where each of theparties stand on housing, education, defence etc. Once this table has been complete I will then look at the results from my questionnaires about the political spectrum and then begin to plot a graph for each party looking at where their policies lie on this. I will do this graph for every year of the general election, find the most consistant place and then analyse if and how they have moved on the political spectrum since Thatcher came into power.

3 comments:

Felix said...

This sounds very good, Heather.

Do you think you are on course to complete it by next Friday?

Heather said...

I've finished my analysis. I now have to look at this in relation to my questionnaires to decide whether they are left, right or central. I'll have this done by Saturday evening.
Once that is done I will have what I need for my essay. I planned my structure at the beginning, what needs to be proven etc. Much of my evidence will fill this out so I can begin to write it in time for Friday.

Felix said...

I'm very impressed :-)

Post a Comment